Old 09-01-10, 08:45 AM
maxine

Bikes: Airborne Carpe Diem; Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HC203
Got home put my legs up and it looked like a scene from Scanners, flesh pulsing like a squirrel in a plastic bag. After that I couldnt get up off the deck without legs locking up. I get calfs, quads, hams, all of it.
Ewwwwwwww!!! I have been blessedly largely free of cramp issues since my "mother of all cramps" episode during the Civil War Century many years back. (Everything that you could possibly do wrong on a very long, very hilly ride, I did -- and paid. I didn't think it was physically possible to get cramps in the calves, AND hamstrings, AND quads, of BOTH legs, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. It was incredible!)

When I was lying down after my post-Booty shower, I felt a few twinges in the inner thigh area of my left leg, and I was beginning to panic but they never turned into a real cramp.

Yes, you need to come out for the 24 Hours of Booty next year! It really is very cool, and of course it supports a great cause. I particularly like how it benefits both national and local cancer research/patient support programs.

I'm heading to the Outer Banks for a week this Saturday (fingers crossed that Earl doesn't do any serious damage!), and then I've got some pool team playoffs, so I'm out for Civil War Century and Indian Head. (Bummer, I've really been wanting to do Indian Head again.)