Old 09-03-10, 04:42 AM
AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grim
How much do you use your horn that you need that much volume? You must have a LOT of jerks on the road.
I top off my Airzound maybe once a week when I am topping up my tires.
This is NYC: people walk around like zombies and bells don't do squat. I can use up my regular AirZound bottle during a single morning commute. I have to top off at work every day before going home. Also, this is the only thing that works when you're getting hooked by a car. But there are times, like yesterday afternoon that I hardly use it. Mornings are the worst. I started leaving earlier to avoid the mobs of unconscious pedestrians. I would not be able to ride closer to 9 am. It's surreal: people would see oncoming bus, look straight at it and step right in front of it as if the bus didn't exist. Forget bikes... Pedestrians in NYC are horrible.

Originally Posted by vol
Cool! If my mini pump doesn't have a gauge, how can I know when to stop pumping?
(Also, do they send you extra clamps for free or how much do they charge?)
I've been using pumps with gauges for years so I can't really give you a good advice here. You need to order clamps from http://deltacycle.com/.

Originally Posted by illdoittomorrow
IIRC the air inlet for the AirZound is a Schrader valve, so any Schrader-compatible tire pressure gauge will work.
Correct. It's a Schrader valve.

Originally Posted by illdoittomorrow
Random naughty thoughts:

I wonder if the AirZound is appreciably louder at over 100 psi...?

How hard would it be to jury-rig a manifold with several 2L bottles, each with its own valve to hold in the pressure... so that I can shoot the bottles with an air rifle?
I don't want to go higher than 90psi, not sure if the seals and tubing can take that. You mean to pop the bottles with an air gun? LOL, I have no idea.