No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
BB30 Problems

Alright, so here's the deal.

I have a Pedal Force CG1 BB30 frame. I'm not thrilled with the frame, mostly because the rear end isn't very stiff, but whatever.

I originally had a SRAM Red BB30 crankset, with the ceramic bearings.

I got tired of taking care of the ceramic bearings, so I replaced them with FSA stainless bearings.

Around December of last year the crankset started clicking. I could make it stop by taking it apart and rebuilding it. That doesn't work anymore.

I've determined that the ISIS spindle interface is worn out and where the noise is coming from. I'm in the process of getting a warranty from SRAM. I'll have to either not ride the bike while I get that figured out, or buy a replacement.

In the meantime, I've destroyed my current bearings somehow, despite using a torque wrench and doing it all by the book.

So now I have no bearings, and a worn out crankset. I'm not thrilled with BB30 anyway. I'll be riding my MTB exclusively while I figure out what I want to do.

So what are my options?

Install a BB30-English adapter.

Get some new bearings, install the worn out crankset, and wait for a (possible) warranty.

Get some new bearings, buy a new BB30 crankset (Force probably) and then sell the Red when I get the warranty back.

Sell the frame and buy something with an English BB.

Some other option?