Old 09-03-10, 09:12 PM
cliffdweller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Getting back in the saddle after thirty years

Greetings all,

Recently my daughter learned to ride and now I just have to start riding again. I've been looking at folding bikes and have gotten some good suggestions and read lots of reviews. I'm smitten with a Downtube 9 speed, but haven't been able to find it available anywhere, When I called their store the man who answered didn't offer any help at all. Seemed like he was the guy who sweeps up. I just discovered that Giant produces a folder called the Expressway, and to further complicate matters, Cannondale males this badass looking 20 inch (not a folder though) called the Hooligan. All seem to have advantages and drawbacks, so I'm turning to more experienced persons for some input. Does anyone here have any experience with any of these bikes? Or, can you recommend some that I might consider? I am 6 feet, 200 lbs. I live in NYC and plan to use the bike primarily on weekends and evenings for some exercise and sightseeing. I don't care much about going very fast. I mainly want a solidly built machine that I don't have to fuss over like a mother hen. Which brings up the question of internal hub or cassettes/ Which is preferable?