Old 09-07-10, 06:57 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SunnyFlorida

folder fanatic - Finally saw your post about your R20. Congrats. Can hardly wait to see the pics.
I hope to post them just as soon as I return to the bike shop for additional adjustments-just like a new bike. The bike is all ready for it's formal presentation at the end of this week. I was able to ride it a short distance at least. Except for a weird sensation in it's steering (it felt more like handling a motorcycle than a bicycle to me as it was not too hot in slow speeds under around 10 mph, but was very stable over this), it was a wonderful, buttery smooth ride that my knees did not complain for once. It had a solid feel to it, no creaks, no popping sound that my former Dahons gave.

I would like to discuss further possible upgrades at least to the steering improvements to the head set with the more advanced owners of the Raleigh Twenty at it's formal presentation thread. (someone remind me if I neglect to add this to the new post).

Saddle Recommendation: The saddles I use are the very standard Electra & Nirve Saddles for the beach cruiser bikes. There are no need for any type of adapters or additional fancy suspension systems (I have the saddles only now on the stock Brompton's & stock Twenty's, and in the recent past, the Dahons') seatposts. They have rear springs, thinly padded, shaped for, and very supported for the bit wider lower torso region where-you-meet-the-saddle point to put it delicately. I recommend them very highly.

Last edited by folder fanatic; 09-07-10 at 07:10 PM.