View Single Post
Old 09-10-10, 09:06 AM
XR2

Bikes: 88 Bridgestone T700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I'm a motorcyclist as well. I had an incident of prejudice at a local gas station where the owner told me I couldn't park "that motorcycle" in front of his store while using the restroom after filling the bike. I asked him why to which he replied "you a$$holes are bad for business." I asked him to repeat to it and he did. I told him he'd regret that.

Fast forward to 4th of July in a town that makes millions on the fireworks,carnival and all that. Picture 300 or so motorcycles pulling into said gas station with each one paying cash for 25 cents of gas (fast reaction times) and waiting around for their associates. Took almost 2 hours. He called the police. They said no one was breaking any laws and nothing could be done. Just as we were leaving I went inside and told him he was right,we are bad for business if we wanna be. I wish I could have taken a picture of the look on his face. You could argue we didn't further the cause but I say he was beyond redemption and deserved losing all that money to the guy on the opposite corner of the intersection. Creative action is the key.