View Single Post
Old 09-11-10, 03:24 PM
kr32

Bikes: Cannondale Six Carbon 5 and Gary Fisher Wahoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well we did 72.5 miles and it was great!
We started out at 7:30am and the air was brisk(one could say cold) so I had on arm warmers he didn't. No problem though as soon as we hit the sun it was not too bad.
I have ridden this route several times and I wanted to show him the roads I ride on so I took him on a few little variations and hit some really nice back roads of Southern Md.
One thing I noticed was as soon as we hit some hills he dropped back big time and I was even taking it easy, no big deal, he is after all 65! Where he rides there are no hills so he really has a excuse. Anyway we rode at a very comfortable pace and had a great conversation as we rode. When we hit the 65 mile mark he wanted to stop and call his wife to let her know we had done 65.
When we got back he said he could have kept going as I could have too. We went and got a steak and cheese and sorry to say no pie.
Sorry for no pictures, my camera is crap and I need a new one. Maybe on my birthday I will get one. It is coming up next month too.

Stap..{ find out if he can still slaughter his younger brother on a ride.** that will NEVER happen! LOL

What I really think is so cool about the whole thing is he got me riding a couple years ago with one of his borrowed bikes.