jtgotsjets

Bikes: Miele Azsora, Kuwahara Cascade

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by illdthedj
lol ill just respond in one post...

yes the frame was 40 bucks! lol... i even got another old philips frame thrown in for free! but just because it was cheap dosn't necessarily make it a turd...and i guess if it is a turd, then its my turd and i love my sh1!t

fyi i everything on the frame is used or parts i had around or traded friends/brothers/dad for, so i havn't spent that much money polishing said turd. the wheelset though was the priciest at 160ish shipping included, but having dura ace hubs and ultegra cassete and mavic open pro front and cxp30 back, i thought it was a great deal especially since the cheapest new wheelset i found was weinmann dp18s and i think formula or origin8 hubs for not much less. its not like i cant swap out the frame down the line if i find something nicer.

and yes adriano i am 6'3 with extremely long wingspan, so the easier to find 120mm alter stem works out for me.

ok thats all
Well, turd is the wrong word really. It's not a terrible frame—it's solid and will last forever if you let it. Well-made.

BUT hanging dura-ace and fancy threadless stems, etc. on it just seems wrong. Why not wait for a nice frame to put your nice parts on? It would be much better suited for beater/townie bike duty. Put a basket and some northroad bars on it and you have yourself a great bike that you never have to worry about.