View Single Post
Old 09-13-10, 01:39 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2732 Post(s)
Liked 955 Times in 785 Posts
fascinating, the whole idea of both learning how to work with steel, and to build your own bike. I must admit, having taken a woodworking course many years ago and the large mirror-on-a-stand thingee I made still in my daughters room, mistakes and all--I actually would be reticent of riding a bike that "I" actually made.
I am sure given that this is not a mirror, but something his clients will ride down hills at up to whatever speeds, I am confident that the frame builder keeps an eye on the quality control like crazy, I just mistrust how well a job I would do (never having done any welding, only soldering copper pipe stuff for plumbing-and even that was messy looking)

all this is really just me thinking out loud. It must be a very neat feeling to ride a bike that you actually made with your own hands. Very, very unique experience.

thanks for putting up the photos to go along with the explanations of the varying steps. Would be interesting to see a final photo when it is put all together.