View Single Post
Old 05-09-05, 02:04 PM
Magictofu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Lug
Wasnt trying to make him feel more or less secure, i was simply just anwsering his question. And on another note there is nothing wrong with wanting to have a means of protection when riding on a bike that cost a small fortune. No matter where you go in the world how nice everyone is there will always be that one person that will want what you have and possible want to hurt you in the process. so regardless if you want to be in that situation or not it can be brought to you and you may have no choice but to fight and being out in the middle of no where with all your stuff on your person, and having that person know it they already have a advantage. I spend every day of my life armed and have never had to use it but i know in the back of my head that if put in a situation where me or some other innocent person may be harmed by some low life scum I know that i will be able to excersize one of the rights that my fore fathers fought for. Or you could just be in the middle of the dessert with nothing and sit on the side of the road till a truck passes by while watching someone drive off with everything you have?? And for the "Violent means of protection" What kind of non violent protection do you recommed someone use throw a nerf ball at them? I am sure there means of attack will have some type of violence. J.W.

I guess it's all a matter of diverging opinion here... I prefer to invest in insurance and let a thief get away with my stuff then engaging in any kind of fight and especially a gun fight (I'd never kill someone for anything material and hardly imagine myself killing someone to protect a human life). So yes, I'd sit in the middle of the desert waiting for a truck. As for non-violent means of protection you have cell phones that you can use to call for help. But even then, I prefer not to succumb to fear, even if for some it could be construed as being negligent.

I know this topic is hotly debated in the US but viewed from Canada, where in many cities even police officers stay away from taser guns in fear of causing heart dammage to people, it is frightening. I bet people from Europe would feel similar... but then, I might be wrong on this.