SUX Vision R40
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dougmc
Yes.
It's practicable, but there's more to it.

In particular, if the outside lane is less than 14' wide -- you can ride anywhere you want in it. And most lanes are less than 14' wide, and the lane he was riding on was less than 14' wide.

He also wasn't convicted of violating this law. His court cases have generally been about impeding traffic (basically not going fast enough) and the latest was reckless driving.

OK, but the fact of the matter is that there's no law in Texas that makes this illegal under the circumstances that Bates was in. "Reckless driving" certainly wasn't a good fit, but the judge went for it anyways.

That is always true. Rosa Parks wasn't the first person to stand up for black rights -- many had tried before her and gotten beaten, incarcerated, whatever. She was just one of the ones that succeeded and paved the way for future changes.
Rosa Parks was not militant about it. but she was not passive either, I think she was somewhere in between. Besides when she rode in the front of the bus, wasn't there a law on the books against it, unfair or otherwise? If there was she was technically violating a law or ordinance, therefore she could have been charged and arrested. Don't get me wrong I agree with what Rosa Parks did and am all for Civil Rights for all of mankind.

What chipseal is doing is not in violation of the law per your information about where he is allowed to ride on the roadway, unless I am misunderstanding something. I get that riding in the left lane is not illegal. But does this only apply to 14' lanes, or any lane regardless of width, on any roadway?

Even if Rosa Parks was not violating any law comparing these 2 is comparing apples and oranges. A lot has changed since then. First of all the right to travel is a guaranteed civil right. But that DOES NOT give you cart blanch to do what ever you want when you travel, like violate the traffic laws.