View Single Post
Old 09-16-10, 01:50 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by MacAttack
Ok.......thanks for the advice.

I've only been reading up on bikes for about a month now, and I wouldn't sell a bike to somebody if the tire
wasn't centered in the fork. I don't understand why nobody at the store seems to care about it.

They said they sent the bike back to the mfr for warranty, but then it came back, & they told me the mfr said it
was normal for the tire to be off-center. That's how they make them. I can't imagine a mfr ever saying that.

I wonder if they even sent it to the mfr, because I went there on a Sunday afternoon & got the bike back on
a Wednesday afternoon. The factory is only about 6 hours away, but that still seems like an awfully fast
turnaround.

Plus when I got the bike back yesterday after the bike shop guy said he'd check the dish of the front wheel
there was a valve cap missing and the tire was at 20 PSI. I pumped it up to 65 PSI and this morning it was as flat
as a pancake. I bought the bike from this shop because I thought they were known for good customer
service, but I'm not impressed at the moment.
Total giant BS from the shop and manufacturer(?) that bikes are normally built with off center front fork alignment. If that is their official and final statement, that can be considered fraud in most circles. If a bike shop manager will stare you in the face and dare say such things, I would advice you return that bike for good and get your money back or report them to the CPSC for selling defective and possibly dangerous bicycles!...Seriously!

Chombi