Old 09-18-10, 07:47 PM
fuji86

Bikes: 1986 Fuji Allegro 12 Spd; 2015 Bianchi Kuma 27.2 24 Spd; 1997 Fuji MX-200 21 Spd; 2010 Vilano SS/FG 46/16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This may even get me to change my stance on bike helmets ? I'd like to see the pics. Which brand and model were you wearing ?

Then again, intersections are the most obvious & dangerous locations. I slow for them and look both ways, even when the light is in my favor. Being blindsided, there's no way that was your fault or that you even deserved it, and I hope you or anyone else doesn't take this post out of context going forward for the questions and comments I make in this post. But "blindsided" implies you were unaware, so were you looking ? I've seen too many cyclists assuming that because they have right of way, another's going to yield it to them and they don't look or at a certain point stop looking ? I know that when I ride, I am constantly looking and if there's even a doubt in my mind a car or even a pedestrian is going to demand precedence over me, I stop and let them go first. My assumption is they always go first, in the way I ride the bike. Probably why I've never been hit. I figure the one that gets me will be the drunk that would've run me over even had I been on the sidewalk and walking. A few extra minutes and slower speeds doesn't bother me that much.