View Single Post
Old 09-20-10, 05:20 AM
ItsJustMe
Señior Member

Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
When the reliability gets better then they may have a nice light, but until then their junk. I bought one and used it for about 5 months before the wiring and connectors went bad and I had jerry rig it because the warranty ran out after just 3 months...obviously they knew they wouldn't last. Then the thing just stopped working altogether a month after my repair and found the problem to be in the charger, is shorted out and died. Plus the light would only hold a charge for 3 1/2 hours not the claimed 5. I called Geoman so many times I lost count, and e-mailed them at least 20 times and NEVER got a return call or email.

I know their not smart chargers so you have to use common sense when recharging or you could over charge and cook the bats or under charge and not get the full charge. It would be better to under then to over charge. Also the unit is NOT waterproof so watch out for rain.
OTOH, other than one frayed connector, my Magicshine has been working fine for a year now. And the charger IS a smart charger, I have left it on for days at a time in the past without trouble.

AND they have made significant changes to their lights over the last year. The new ones by all accounts are much better than mine, especially this particular new one. And they have been waterproof since version 2 and this is version 3. The newest version here has improved connectors and wire and a fully waterproofed battery pack.

Even though you start out with "when the reliability gets better", you neglect to realize that it HAS gotten better, months ago.

Also, I think the word you're looking for in both cases is "they're", not "their". Their is plural possessive, not a contraction for "they are."