Old 09-20-10, 10:59 AM
Hezz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Cool Hezz, and you are right I did not know what happened just went by the article provided. What you said makes perfect sense to me. I still wonder at all the hatred towards Lance that get's displayed. Professional sports are entertainment to me it I suspect most of our top athletes cheat because that is the norm. Not saying it's right or that I like it but just what I feel goes on. If the perception is that everyone is cheating is it so wrong to go that route yourself?? I ask this even though for me it would be. I guess I just try not to judge others if I don't walk in their shoes.
Thanks for your response jamesdak. I myself did not understand the nature of this case for a long time either.

In a way the judge was able to sidestep the real issue of if Lance doped or not. Most likely because he knew that this case was a can of worms that could set a precedent which would cause problems for sports in the long run if any agency owing money to a professional sports winner could withhold if they thought or heard rumors of cheating. It could also flood the legal system with expensive and difficult to determine lawsuits.

The reason for much of the Armstrong hate is that many long time cycling fans have studied cycling and Armstrong in detail over years. Reading many books with insider information. What they come to discover is that the media representation of Armstrong is very much distorted.

It is starting to become clear that Armstrong not only used performance enhancing drugs in a long term and systematic way but that he used his influence and financial power to destroy others who sought to tell the truth about the inner sanctums of cycling. So Armstrong may not just be a doper, but in fact, a criminal.