Ghostcode
Bicycle Nerd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by duckforcover
Too many variables. 10's are finicky.

a. You might be losing some throw if your cable isn't sitting right under the pinch bolt.
b. The end of the screw which contacts the little stop inside might be damaged/chewed up.
c. Cables/routing and/or wacky angles/not seating in the cable stops.

Best place to start is describe when/why it started doing this. Did it ever shift right to begin with?

Even the brifters can do strange things after high mileage.
It shifted flawless for the longest time. I got the bike 1000+ miles ago. I never got the "initial" 300 mile checkup, from stretched cables and such. I did some manual cable adjusting, and barrel adjusting. Just last week or so, the front derailleur wasn't shifting to the big ring. I followed park tools instructions and got it to work great, it seems to be shifting great right now - the front that is. A few days ago, I just started to notice a little skipping in the larger sprockets of the rear cassette. Only possible thing I can think of that changed was I had a professional fit, and the guy put it on the trainer, so other then putting it on and off the trainer. I can't think of anything that changed/adjusted in the rear.