View Single Post
Old 05-10-05, 11:52 PM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maintaining Fitness...

Alright I hate to come to this but...

I am graduating in 4 weeks and school right now is lets just say busy... i.e. 7 am to late at night, then work. There is absolutly no time to train right now, last week I got in 2 days of riding, Tuesday and Sunday. I have a race this weekend and the next and I feel like I have not been able to train nearly what I need to to be ready to do well in the races. I still feel very strong when I ride, but not quite (close but) to where I was when I had the awsome race a few weeks back. Of course this is probably mental because last Sunday I pulled a paceline at 25 - 27 MPH for quite some time and I am riding faster and stronger than ever.

The next four weeks I can not expect very much training wise. My main focus has been on the itt in 2 weeks so I am spending all my time on the tt bike training for that. School is just taking all of my mental and physical strength lately. The question is the following...

How much is required to maintain my current fitness level through the next 4 weeks where training time is very limited? Is maybe one day of intervals and one long 40+ mile fast group ride enough? In 4 weeks summer starts and I will have lots of time to train but I am feeling real bad that I have not been able to train the last 2 weeks very much.

Thanks as always