View Single Post
Old 09-29-10, 07:23 PM
BCRider

Bikes: Norco (2), Miyata, Canondale, Soma, Redline

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
In reading my last post over again I realize that it's got far too much of "my way or the highway" for the tone of it. If it were me reading it I'd find it disrespectful. For the rather blatantly confrontational manner in which I wrote it I apoligise.

However the ideas and the urging to try my examples to help anyone prove that this works for yourselves is still very much encouraged.

If I seem a bit overboard about this I was talking to one younger 20 something one time while we set the sag height of his sportbike for his weight. As we talked it became apparent that he thought counter or push steering was something to be used only occasionally and that he could lean steer a bike with the best of them. Not two days later I learned that he smeared himself over a cliff on our Sea to Sky highway when he ran wide off a turn and into the cliff. Fellow riders said that he wasn't even going all that fast for the turn. To this day I can't help but think that he was fighting with his steering while his mind argued over which technique to use. That is just one of the factors that makes me pull out my soapbox when this topic comes up. But it's likely one of the more influential ones.

Anyhow again I apoligise if my tone in all this has come across as too harsh due to my enthusiasm.