Old 09-30-10, 09:08 AM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by Inertianinja
So I read about Contador. And I think there may be room for a different conspiracy theory.
The UCI is craving viewers right now. In American sports , we love a champion but we love to hate the cheater even more.
Armstrong and Contador are tested constantly for doping... No positive results. Except for now Contador has been suspended for having one 400th of the amount they usually test for of a banned substance. A substance which is known to be found in contaminated food.

Could it be that the UCI is going for drama to gain attention with the American audience? I don't know about you but I'm sick of hearing about doping. I'm sick of hearing about trials and tests and B samples. Cycling news lately is like reading the Enquirer.
1) It's not 400 times below the level they usually test for. It was reportedly 400 times below the minimum level necessary to detect to be a WADA accredited lab. Any level of Clenbuterol is a positive test.

2) The UCI absolutely doesn't want Contador positive. They hate this, and they kept it under their hat for as long as they could. Having the stars of the sport test positve and get banned is not the way to build an audience.

3) the whole food bit is a smoke screen. If it were simply something he ate, then why aren't people testing positive for Clenbuterol all the time. Any of the other tests done at the same lab for this year's TDF positive for Clenbuterol?
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.