TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by robertv
Allright, I understand the theory of trying to be the one tailing so you can slip into the front right at the end. But in the second video what the hell happened? So they track stand, for over 5 minutes and orange is the first to snap out of the track stand putting green guy in the desirable position. Then not a lap goes by before green passes takes the less desirable position and then still wins it, well then what was the damn track stand even for? Was it all a ploy? "haha Im gonna make you track stand here for 5 minutes just for kicks and then i'm just gonna beat you anyway"

What happened?
First, this was a show sprint as Carleton said. Hoy was much faster than Wolf, and was going to win no matter what strategy was used. Second, Hoy did not take the lead, he simply did a sling shot around Wolf and gained speed for the win. Wolf never had a chance to draft Hoy. Also, the rider that is second does not always win and in fact some riders use the inverse tactic of deliberately taking the lead while steadily increasing the pace, which is called "razoring." It's harder to pass someone, because you must do so on the outside (uptrack), and the track is longer in the turns the higher up you go. Basically, to win from behind, you must be considerably faster than your opponent.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me