View Single Post
Old 05-12-05, 06:48 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
I am not competitive in my bicycling, but instead use bicycling as a time to reconvene my thoughts and my soul. I think we all have a different take on bicycling, from the highly competitive to the "ride around the park'r."

I try to find new routes to explore, and make each ride a new adventure. Sometimes I will take my camera and take pics of all the flowers I see along the way, and I share them here and on my web page. No one sees them or cares, but it makes my day more interesting. Or the trails, or animals or whatever. Sometimes I will go as fast as I can, other times I will cruise as in a Cadillac. In other words, I try to make each ride an adventure, a new take on life, a time of rejuvenation.

If bicycling ever became a "chore" I would have to stop.

I am purposely not tracking my mileage this year, although I tracked it meticulously last year. Again, a new adventure, a new way of bicycling, to me adds zest.

I have been riding another bicycle this year a lot more - just a cheap steel bike I got for $285 new on EBay, but it is different and new.

Variety, a new aspect, a new trail, a new road, a new viewpoint, a new bike.

Hope you find your way out of the doldrums.