Old 10-03-10, 10:01 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
October 3rd Update (6,024)

As always, these are just summaries. The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc... can be found here:

Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

-------------------------------------------------

Bloggishnish: October 3rd

Brrrr!!! As mentioned in the September PEACHES Ride update, Fall has finally arrived here in Georgia. Well OK, it arrived back on Sept 21th, but the 90°F temps didn’t subside much until this past week when early morning temps began to tickle the 60°F mark on the thermometer and then today’s 52°F temp REALLY got [...] Read more…

September PEACHES Ride (in October)

Yes, even though it’s October 3rd, today’s PEACHES ride (aka, Tandem Club of Georgia) was technically the September PEACHES ride. Once again, not a lot of juicy, torrid or even interesting anecdotes to share from the ride… aside from the fact that it was the first time Debbie and I had ridden the tandem [...] Read more…

Driver Indicted In Deaths of Gregory & Alexandra Bruehler

Early readers of my blog or other writings on Tandem@Hobbes or at BikeForums may recall that last September and October were two months marred by tragic losses in Texas. The first involved the loss of a co-worker when a young motorist struck him on Sept 26th while he was riding in a bike lane. Her defense [...] Read more…

Garage Redo, Part 4 – Before & After Photos

Well, the lion’s share of the garage overhaul is just about complete: mostly punch list stuff left to go, e.g., painting the grey base molding white, painting doors, finishing my work bench, etc. The ~1,900 square feet of off-white walls & ceiling that make up our garage were patched, primed with Kilz, and repainted in [...] Read more…

Discussion Thread Necromancy – Raising the Dead

I have yet to figure out if thread necromancers — those who raise dead threads on discussion forums — do so purely to torment or if they’re just so eager to ‘share with new friends’ that they’ll post a response to any thread they can find where they feel they have something to add regardless of [...] Read more…