View Single Post
Old 10-04-10, 01:02 PM
Tony McGreal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThinkICO
I've recently decided to renovate my old Peugeot bike I bought back in 1989 which was ridden a lot back then but for the last 15 years has sat in various "leaky" garages and sheds... The paintwork isn't perfect and the wheels and pedals and so on have gone rather rusty but it seems otherwise sound. What I'm trying to figure out is what version of the frame I have, I know it'll not be top of the range as I bought it when I started my 1st job and money would have been tight.

I've been scouring the web but have had no luck as the decal set doesn't seem to match anything I can find... and there is no paper label, or indeed sign there ever was. It was bought in Manchester UK if that helps...

Anyone got any ideas what I have?

I'm not worried if it's bottom of the range as I quite like it's unusual paint and decals and I have many fond memories of riding it!
Hi,

I was very interested to read your message and see the photos. I have exactly the same bike. I've never seen another one like it anywhere. Ridden it since about 1992 off and on. Great bike. Only changed the wheels and tyres as like yours the chrome started to get rusty. I've just bought a mountain bike but still like riding the old Peugeot. As others have said maybe we've got a potential classic!

Tony Mc