Old 10-05-10, 07:05 AM
Azreal911

Bikes: Wheeler Mtn bike, Strida 5.0, Tern Link Uno, FSIR Spin 2.0, Dahon Mu P8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sammyboy
It's to encourage people to cycle rather than drive. In America, it would be heralded as a sign of impending communist rule, but I like it.
Don't forget some americans think canadians up here are commies! my coworkers had that experience once when his manager in the states thought Canada is a communist country, this was in a small town though in the states. Big cities have a much different outlook cause they get to experience all kinds of crap when growing up.

I'm also jealous of england that at least they are building these cycling superhighways and it's encouraging to people and gives them a sense of security because they have their own lane. Where I am most parts you just hope they give you enough space when they pass. But at least we're slowly transitioning with car is not the only transportation.

A coworker here from tehran says it's a car nation and every house hold has two cars and they just trying to build more roads and all it does is more cars to fill them up. Gas is cheap there and the streets smell like smoke. Guess you have to reach a critical point before the government starts to think of alternatives.

Last edited by Azreal911; 10-05-10 at 07:18 AM.