View Single Post
Old 10-05-10, 10:10 AM
kleinboogie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VT Biker
To be fair, pro cycling in the United States, outside of the TdF is extremely tough to watch unless you have Universal. Even when there are races (such as the classics on Versus), they are on tape delay by sometimes as much as 1 week. Now, add to that (a) the number of people who actually watch, (b) the number of people who watch who understand pro racing, strategy and overall tactics; (c) the number of people who fall into the above categories who actually post on BF.

Unfortunately, doping is something everyone can have an opinion on, and opine on. But even most cycling fans (I am included), are not well versed enough to necessarily hold a conversation on a given race.

I would love to discuss the worlds, as it was an amazing and exciting race. But I am guessing the thread would not turn over to a second page.
Good points. The two guys at my work who watched the worlds were like me though, they wanted to throw a brick through the TV because the picture quality was so bad. Probably just spoiled by Versus in HD. I like the tactics while it's happening but agree that it's hard to hold or find a conversation about it. Cheers