View Single Post
Old 05-12-05, 05:54 PM
ksk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I picked up a Townie 8 last week. After 27 years with my road bike (Schwinn Super Le Tour 12.2) I needed a new bike due to arm discomfort when riding. I first looked at entry level comfort and hybrid bikes (to sit more upright). I found the quality of the components to be lacking, especially the front derailleurs. I almost purchased a Raleigh SC200 with the SRAM Dual Drive rear hub to eliminate the front derailleur. I happened upon info on the Nexus 8 hub. I liked the concept. While questioning the the guy at the LBS about which bikes had this hub, he asked if I had seen the Electra line. I had not. They had a Townie 7 built so I took it for a test ride. Love at first ride. The only thing I did not like about the Townie 7 was the rear coaster brake. They had a Townie 8 in stock but not built. I told him to build it and I would be back. I test drove this and bought the bike. I was not planning on spending that much, $679, but if I keep this bike for 27 years, it will only cost me $2.10 a month!!