Old 10-10-10, 11:11 AM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AMGEN Tour of California is coming to town

The AMGEN Tour of California has selected the City of Claremont as the starting point for its grueling mountain Stage 7, which will occur on Saturday, May 21, 2011. Soon after the riders leave the quaint picturesque town of Claremont, they will face a long, brutal climb up Mount Baldy.

The city of Claremont is our bike group's sponsor. It is home to The Claremont Colleges, and a 5-mile ride from home. The event takes place 2 days before my 55th birthday. I don't know if I'd rather be volunteering at the base, or standing on the mountain cheering them on! The local cycling community is very excited about being chosen as host city for Stage 7, and the activities leading up to the main event.

Yesterday I rode Baldy Rd. to Shinn Rd. without stopping for the first time. You locals will know it's not an easy climb (OK, it's easy for you animals who've done it a while!). As I passed a cyclist who had stopped to rest, I heard him say "I need that gear!". My light-weight Roubaix Expert Triple is a good climber, but my legs did all the work.

Last edited by Yen; 10-10-10 at 11:29 AM.