loopybunny
team autobus

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.5; 2009 Trek 6000; 1995 Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Piccolo route of Levi's GranFondo.

So much fun and easier than last year with a year of riding under my belt. Last year I'd only been on a road bike for a month when I attempted it. My biggest concern though is that 6000 riders is a lot. More than once I got stuck behind the group when it came to a complete stop either due to crashes or just that accordian effect when inexperienced riders slow down to take a corner. It was also the first time I've ever dropped people on a climb. I also got stuck behind people going slower than me when I was unable to pass them safely. Isn't it common sense that if you're riding slowly that you ride to the right and not two abreast taking up an entire lane?

Saw Taylor Phinney out on course, met Levi after the ride, and mildly stalked Patrick Dempsey because I don't think the women at work believed me when I said he was going to be there. I had to get at least one photo to prove it.

I would also like to point out that just because I'm a woman, it doesn't mean I'd recognize Patrick Dempsey when I saw him. All kinds of men kept asking me if I knew where he was because they wanted to get pictures for their "daughter" or their "wife."