View Single Post
Old 10-11-10, 04:46 PM
Ash13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks so much. You guys have been amazing. Sorry, I have been busy so couldnt post the pics or new posts. Will try soon. I am a soccer and tennis player and I have a lot of other things to do too so a really busy lifestyle >.<

Me and my dad managed to fix the Derailleur, the chain fell and it was a bit rusted so I cleaned it up. It works perfectly now, thanks a lot. The tires are in good condition, I inflated them and the air is still there, after 2 days so theres nothing wrong with the tubes. I have a feeling that even though this basic bike might be old, some work had been done to it not too long ago. So the bike is perfect now, I can get rid of the rust and needs to be re-painted too, but thats no big deal

But what the main problem now is the height. I googled and came up with this - http://bicycling.about.com/od/howtor...Frame_size.htm And when I tried it, I can stand over the frame but I dont get a firm grip of the ground. My tiptoes touch but that top tube touches my crotch too. I tried riding it but ended up hitting my crotch a bit too many times and now the day after, it hurts. I cant reach the seat, not even with my tippy-toes. Any suggestions for that ?

Thanks a lot guys