View Single Post
Old 10-12-10, 03:43 PM
Baboo

Bikes: Bike Friday NWT, Rans Stratus, Cannondale R500, trek 720 multitrack, Rockhopper

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by MJH
I'm very, very far from car-free or even car-lite, but I'm trying to do what I can.

Today, I rolled up to the credit union drive-through and was told I would have to come inside. I said I would be bringing my bike in as they had no bike rack. I was told to leave it just inside by the door. I brought it through both sets of doors and propped it up where I thought was best for me, but out of the way. I did my banking and was going out the door. I looked over at 2 bank officers, one of whom I know is the branch manager and got, at least what I perceived, a very dirty look. I just smiled and said 'Hi" and left.

As I do this more and more, what other unfair situations should I anticipate? How might I handle different things? If there are threads you can suggest for me to read, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Very few of the places I have gone to shop or bank have a bike rack, but I always carry a lock and find a pole or something to lock it too. I think this approach would be a whole lot less stressful to everyone involved.