View Single Post
Old 10-12-10, 06:40 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Dude, it's bad when at the NACCC (North American Cycle Courier Championships) in the street trick competition, the biggest tricks were like a Disaster or a 360 air off of a jump box.

Between the competition sessions...the local BMXers would get on and shred.

Originally Posted by nealjoslyn
I say let people do what they want to. And if you don't want to watch them do their unimpressive and uninteresting 'fixie' tricks, then don't watch the videos.
I guess my thing is, when I was a kid, teen, and young adult, getting a video part was a BIG DEAL. You watch the videos mentioned in the OP and it's like, "Huh? That guy got a video part by doing a Keo Spin and jumping a 5 set?!?!"

I don't want to hear anything about it being a new sport and BMX started off lame, too. I mean, these guys can't even do the tricks that were done in Quicksilver 25 years ago. BTW, the kids that performed the tricks in quicksilver were pro BMXers.

None of these guys seems to want to admit that their sport is merging towards BMX. I mean, look at the parts list above. Look at how the frames are getting smaller and smaller. I think they are being bullheaded about it. Honestly, nobody cares if your bike has a fixed or free hub. Really. A big trick is a big trick.

...but the other side of that coin is that: nobody cares if your bike has a fixed or free hub. Really. A lame trick is a lame trick.