View Single Post
Old 10-13-10, 01:06 PM
ScooTrikkeBike
Absorbent Newcomer

Bikes: 21" Motobecane 700HT 26" MTN w/ Thudbuster LT (in the mail), Mongoose DXR-AL 24" Full Sus., Roadmaster Navigator Mt 26" mtn.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good Suspension Posts/Saddles?

Well, I recently posted a thread inquiring about good full suspension bikes, but decided that I will just go ahead and save a bit more money and buy a Forge Sawback 5xx. It seems like the best bang for the buck in my price range with fully equipped Shimano Deore componenes, full Avid BB-5 disc brakes, and a rockshox dart fork, etc.

But, I really don't like the way hardtail bikes ride and am used to a little suspension on my rear, so I thought I'd just get a nice suspension post or a decent suspension seat. I don't know which one is cheaper, but I am leaning towards a post because the Sawback comes with a WTB Pure V Sport seat, while the post is a no name adjustable Alloy 30.8X350mm with with a quick release mechanism.

As far as seat posts go, I have heard that Thudbuster makes a good suspension post and that brooks makes a good suspension saddle, but they are both really expensive and I am not an extreme mountain biker or road biker. I am basically looking for something that can sort of emulate a full suspension bike feel on a hardtail, but without breaking the bank.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.