View Single Post
Old 10-14-10, 07:29 PM
schillaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Citizen Miami Review

I got my Citizen Miami a few days ago and here is a report of how it is going so far.

I commute on a train about 30 minutes into Boston everyday and it is quite crowded so I needed a folding bike but on a budget.
I only had aroun $200 to spend so this bike was perfect. I ordered it and it was sent to me quickly but fedex left it on my doorstep with nobody at home. I live in a city in an apartment so my entryway is shared by many apartments and with lots of people around. Of course it got stolen before I had a chance to get home. Fedex gave me a runaround but the Citizen bike people were awesome. They helped me deal with fedex and then sent me a new bike.
So like i said I got it a few days ago. It is my first folding bike so I need to get used to how it rides. I had a Univega 3 speed prior to this and really liked it.
I can't say it is a very comfortable or fast riding bike. That might just be because I am not used to it yet. It feels solid enough and folds and sets back up easily enough though. I am a 5-10 inch male so maybe it is small for me. It doesn't coast much and I really have to pedal it to get going. I feel like I am constantly pedaling. Luckily my entire commute is flat. Only one small hill. And I live about .5 mile to the commuter train station and my work is about 1.5 miles from the station at the other end.
I will not be riding this bike for pleasure.
All in all though I am happy with it since it makes my commute much easier. Especially when the train lacks the space for a bike which has been happening quite a bit lately.