Old 10-15-10, 10:31 PM
fixedgear80

Bikes: 80"s Raleigh Comp 48X18

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need some help with my bike chain-line predictions!

Hmmm. I have a Raleigh Comp G.S. 80's
The driveside B.B. cup is stuck like stupid. I have a friend with the tools? but I dont have the time/or want to wait until Tuesday to work on the bike. There is no guarantee that I will even be able to get it off without spending any money. So.. I want to know if there is a way to figure out if the Stock Campy 10 speed bottom bracket (rebuilt) will work with my Eighthinch track crank and track wheelset thats on my current bike. The campy B.B. is (90% decent shape) just a few signs of wear and looks to be almost the same spindle length as my track B.B. just a bit (5mm's) longer. I have the option of moving the chainring left or right a few mm's. I want to know if there is a calculation I can use to figure this out before stripping my bike for a test fit! I still have a single speed B.B. I can use once the Campy B.B. has wore out. Or should I wait and try and get the cup off? Is a used Campy 68-SS worth anything?

P.s. I have all the tools at my home to take apart the bike.

The track wheelset has spacers on it to fit my 21 speed road bike frame: its a bit wider than the Competition frame I also use those for adjustments!

I have my calculator at the ready