Old 10-16-10, 03:49 PM
Grim

Bikes: Cannondale T700s and a few others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr
Mrs. Doc was out of town on a business trip all week, so I was burning the midnight oil down in the Lab. Here are the results:

1987 Cannondale SR 58cm in metallic green, Shimano 600 drivetrain and brakeset w/anodized 105 levers, Alex 500 rims on Formula hubs, 7 speed HG cassette, PD slug with a Ritchey stem (if it was a keeper I'd have used a powder coated Nitto) and Colnago bars (31.8, hence the Ritchey).

..and just for you, BG:

1984 Cannondale SR 56cm in metallic gold. This one got the entire Shimano 105/Rigida/Maillard setup from my low-mileage Tempo, although everything was disassembled, cleaned and regreased. Used a newer braze-on 105 FD, too, as well as some more modern decals. I really like the way the gold and black work together. Blue pedal straps have been replaced with black ones.

All in all, a very productive week!
Where do you come up with all these clean frames?!?!?!!?!

I did manage to find a 98 R300 frame in a 63.5 finally. The fork is tweeked so I'm shopping a carbon thread less fork right now. I have a full 105 group with Wolber rims off a rusted up 88 DS centurion I will be loading it with. Some of the paint as lifter arround the FD clamp and not sure what to do. I think it may be forming some corrosion under the paint. The rest looks great and its is that really sharp two tone shown in the 98 catalog.