View Single Post
Old 10-17-10, 05:29 PM
mjoekingz28

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Right, both pads will stay on the rim. I can pry them apart and spin the wheel and it goes freely. But after brake application they wont retract fully. Its like there is a dead spot in the cable draw. I can release the lever and nothing, nothing then after half released it will start to retract the pads.

The rear works perfectly, just having trouble with the front. Its a pretty old bike (1992) and probably the originals so I'll probably just take it to the LBS and ask for a new cable since this stuff is well over my head. I can do plenty of little stuff on cars, like a water pump yesterday. But such a simple machine as a bicycle is having my scratching my head.

Funny thing is, before I got the bike I would study this site and read a few books at the library because I wanted to be self sufficient, but I must now rely on the shop. Since a few weeks ago I couldn't swap out some pedals I just got because either my 15mm wrench wasn't long enough or I'm not strong because I felt like a dumbass taking my bike in to get pedals put on. There were cool about it though and didn't even charge me.

I may just ride it up there one day since its less than 10 miles away and I don't have a truck.

Thanks again fellas.