View Single Post
Old 05-14-05, 07:41 PM
bbreikss

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a pretty big guy. I'm 6'2" and 235 lbs.

I was looking at Rockhoppers and Hardrocks. I have a feeling after reading some of these threads that these bikes are suitable but the forks are not for someone my size.

My brother has a P.2 and he's upgrading his fork very shortly. He offered me his fork and said I might be able to change out the springs for a heavy set and use it on my bike.

I have a limited budget, under $450 ish so this sounds like a great deal because he said I could have his fork for free.

Does this sound like the best solution or should I be looking for something else? I will be using this bike for trail riding and some gravel roads. I live in a very rural area with horse trails everywhere. They make great biking trails. I'd imagine I might progress to some downhill as my skills improve. My last bike was a X-mart bike and it was 10 years ago. I haven't rode a bike since I sold it in a garage sale years ago. I just recently became interested in the hobby after buying a new home with lots of acreage and access to miles of trails on old growth timber land. I love being out in the great nature in the Puget Sound area. I've been doing lots of hiking but I'd love to do longer trails and bike them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Brian