View Single Post
Old 10-18-10, 08:43 PM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone -- I knew I could count on you!

Rick: I am thankful it doesn't go all the way to Baldy Village ---- I'm not ready for that! Maybe next year??

Buelito: I will try that if I have a chance. The thing is, that sounds like intervals and I should be rested before doing those, which won't be on Sundays the day after my long hard training rides. During the week after work -- maybe, instead of a spin class, but it's getting dark soon. Honestly, some of the spin classes feel a lot like that hill, esp. last week's interval class.

Hey Joe! Jim is doing well, and I hope Geri is the same. Is she still riding? The market in our neighborhood has stayed fairly stable, thank goodness. I agree with doing more hills... I can handle the metric distance well, even at a faster pace than I usually ride, so doing the hills on a longer ride will just boost my chance of sailing over the last hill at 40 miles with a smile on my face.

BluesDawg: Thanks for the additional advice for the final week -- I'm trying to work that out, and Wednesday sounds like a good stopping point for any training... unless I want to count "rest" as part of the training that week. Next time, I'll draw on this experience and remember what works and doesn't work. I hope you are doing well and still healthy.

BB: You're funny! Thanks.

TWL: Huffy-bound rednecks passing you ... flying by you in a blur LOL! I hope I don't think about that on the hills and start laughing and lose my breath!