Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Yen
Beanz -- That sounds like a ride I'd love to do! If I have the opportunity before the TdF I'll do it. Are you doing the TdF?.
Not me! I've thought about it a few times but usualy falls on my daughter's birthday (11th) So we celebrate that Saturday. Seems to get in the way. I have taken the day off from riding to go sit on Baldy Rd and root on the riders up the climbs. I think I've mentioned that I carry my tools aong part of the course and have helped out a few riders along the course. Plus sagged a dude up Baldy when he was suffering a little too much. I have fun but some of the riders are mean to me! I get lots of "what, sitting on the side of the road cause you can't do this ride?". Wow, lots of funny riders out there!

Haha! I have fun either way. I do these roads all the time, I just can't see paying a fee to do the ride and it's not like me to do a bandit ride. So I'll help out some of the riders instead. I did get in a couple of flat changes for a couple different riders last year! I don't discriminate, one really hot chick and one ugly dude!

So if you see a fat guy on the side of the road on Baldy, cheering for the riders, taking pics, maybe video, that looks like he can't do the ride, that will be me!

I dunno, maybe I will do it someday for the social factor. I've done org rides since 92 so nowadays, I save paid rides for special events.

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 10-19-10 at 10:04 PM.