View Single Post
Old 05-15-05, 02:58 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
How about some quick ideas that I have done on my folder? I had to purchase a bag separately after I bought the bike. I did not care for the bag's fit or the large Company's name/logo stitched on the front. So I either made quickly and simply a couple of bags and slipcovers for it.

[B]For The Non-Sewing Option:[/B] I went to the budget stores and purchased a large heavy duty yellow plastic drawstring bag for $1.07 US dollars. I purchased a luggage rack to tow my bike when I didn't want to carry it a distance for ten dollars. I spotted a large nylon tote bag that had a large zippered opening that could be pressed into a bike bag also about ten dollars. I have quickly made a bag and a slip cover for the bike when I first purchased it and before the company made bag arrived. For a quick bag, I used 2 clean plastic garbage bags. I opened one and inserted the bike into it. Then I slid the other bag over the bike the opposite way covering the opening of the first bag and pulling it over the sides of the first bag. Voila! a bag that cover the bike completely and discreetly. To make a slipcover, I cut one side a third bag's long lengthwise to the bottom and opening a long slit. I placed the bag's uncut bottom over the wheels. The uncut side becomes the bike's top.
Total Price: very inexpensive.

[B]For The Sewing Option:[/B] I use the garbage and the bike's folded measurements to create the bags I like. I use a semi-heavy fabric like Demin, Duck, etc. and fold the fabric so that it has a solid (not sewn) bottom for strength. I sew the sides and fold down the top to make a casing for the drawstring for the opening. I insert the drawstring after sewing is finished and I have my bag.

Last edited by folder fanatic; 05-15-05 at 03:59 PM.