Old 10-20-10, 11:52 PM
skyzo

Bikes: '84 Cannondale ST500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please help identify noise

Hi, so I picked up a nice old cannondale st400 the other day, pretty nice. Its all aluminum frame touring model that they made back in the 80's as far as I know. Its got shimano 600 components. Not bad for $50.

Well, I finally got some tires on her, and took it out today for a quick 20 mile ride, and throughout the ride, there was some sort of clicking/thud noise coming from the front end. It did it no matter whether I was coasting or pedaling. I tried to pinpoint it exactly, but all I can tell is that it is coming from the front. It seems to do this noise every few revolutions of the tire.

Another noise is that when ever my right foot goes through the pedal, there is some clicking noises there.

Does anyone know what these could be, or what I could look for. I know its hard to describe things over the internet, but this is the best I can describe them. Im very new to cycling, so Im not sure what these could be. The bike rode really nice though, and I averaged 18mph over those 20 miles, so Its pretty fast too.

Thanks