RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by CACycling
I'm being referred to an orthopedic surgeon and will see what my options are.

Anyone else here been down this road? I'd appreciate any insight or suggestions from someone with experience.
I had similar knee problems a few years ago. Went to an ortho doc. He said after surgery I'd be on crutches for 2-3 weeks and would start physical therapy a month after surgery.
Went to a sports med doc (who is also a triathlete) and he said there would be no crutches. I decided to go the sports med route.
He had me on the trainer 7 hours after surgery for 5 minutes. It was the toughest 5 minutes of my life. My physical therapy was to ride the trainer each day. He had me work up to 30 minutes, 3 times a day over the next 3 weeks. After that he told me I could get out on the road but to be careful.
That was 2-1/2 years ago. Since then I've had no pain and no limitations on my riding or walking.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.