View Single Post
Old 10-21-10, 04:02 PM
Robert Foster
Banned.

Bikes: Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Newspaperguy
In the end, riding in the rain is about attitude. If you look at it as a hardship, it's going to be a hardship. If you see it as just another riding condition, it will be a lot easier. And if you choose to embrace the rainy weather and welcome it, you might find a ride in the rain can be quite pleasant.

One of the best rides I've ever had has been in a heavy rainstorm. Each time a car passed me, I felt sorry for the people inside because they were missing out on the experience.
Poetic. But through all of recorded history I guess those looking out from the protection of their cave, TV, Igloo or other shelter on those standing, walking or riding in the rain as the ones to feel sorry for. That is one of the reasons we have rain gear, to protect us from the rain. I can remember being caught out over night several times and trying to sleep under a tree, or worse yet out in the open, when it was raining and no matter how much I could have or would have embraced the rain I couldn’t sleep. However inside a tent, camper shell, trailer or hut I can sleep just fine.
So don’t worry about those of us inside while you are riding outside, we aren’t interested in joining you.
But I guess it is easier to make lemonade with the extra liquid from the rain when you are trying to encourage someone else.