Old 10-21-10, 08:48 PM
sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
"limiting" hmm.
It is 20 miles and they say if you don't stop it will take 2 -4 hours.
Nice route and congenial atmosphere but if someone else didn't already popularize "bike snob" I'd say something about comfort bikes ridden without toe clips.

If the goal is to learn about TTOR Metrowest properties it will be splendid. If the goal is to ride on fine roads combining the great outdoors, exercise and bicycling’s elegant mechanical simplicity then, not so much. Swooping smooth suburban tree covered roads are not for laughter and chit chat (insert righteous expletive of choice); these roads should be ridden by serious cyclists with bike gloves, tires and chains replaced because of wear, frames with character and components adjusted "just right". One should have a sense of purpose and allow a small grin as your carve the colorful leaves that blend woodlands with roads, the rider and bicycle fly by as one…..

Whew! I was just re-reading Saint Exupery’s "Night Flight" and got a little too romantic about the swoops.

For a casual ride with a goal to visit very nice suburban reservations, it sounds great. As a conservation trustee myself, there are a lot of fantastic conservation properties virtually unknown by the general public.