View Single Post
Old 10-22-10, 05:56 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts
hello
Iam looking for info on two Sekine bike i just fixed up i received them for free and was wondering if i could get more info on them and when they where made the first is a womes 5 speed in complete minty condition it was a dark red but has been painted a baby blue its hard to read the ser# but its on the bottom of the head set tube. the other bike is a complete untouched except for new tires and seat ..its a mens 10 speed it has the cs and rhinestone badge and the ser# is B3 7177 its all original paint and has the sekine back tire chrome disk . any info on dates would be great here are a couple of pictures thanks agian fo this great post !!
Both of the bicycles you pictured are from the mid to late seventies, and both were made in Canada in Three Rivers, Manitoba. The Step Through is a Sekine SIA 853, a girl's five speed with 26" wheels, while the man's bike is an SIU 270, the entry level man's Ten Speed.

Needless to say, the Step Through has been painted, while the man's bike is still original, except for the saddle.

Please take this all with a grain of salt. It has been my experience, with many brands, that specifications, particularly component specs, change during a model year, simply because the intended components might not have been available, at the time of manufacture.