Old 05-15-05, 09:08 PM
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jennings780
If you were from another country and your sole impression of the US was from going to Disney you would think that we are a fat, ugly country.
I think you could go just about anywhere and get that impression. Then again, I live in Indiana and we're one of the fattest states. I'm not sure what it is, and I'm not sure if the automobile caused it or is an indication of an underlying disposition, but people want instant gratification. Fast food, cars, the internet- it just goes on and on. My biggest problem is that most people know what's right but do the wrong thing instead. Here's an example- I work at Arby's in the summer and you'd be surprised how many people go through the drive through and order just a drink. 9 times out of 10 it would be faster to just go inside and order a drink, and you can even get free refills inside. Not only that, but there's a gas station right across the street where a bigger fountain drink is about a dollar cheaper. People know this, but they just don't want to get out of the car. Another thing I hate is when people drive around a parking lot for 5 minutes looking for a spot that is maybe 20 feet closer to the store.

There's a fountain at my university and one weekend I saw this fat lady sitting beside the fountain watching her (I assume) little girl run around and play. Wouldn't she rather be in there, and wouldn't her daughter rather have her in there with her (she wasn't old enough to hate her parents yet)? If I ever get too fat to play with my kids, someone kill me. How can people allow themselves to get too fat to enjoy life to the fullest?

People want instant gratification when doing things the hard way can be more rewarding. Order a pizza one night and cook one yourself the next night, then tell me which night you had the most fun.

And another thing- I don't want to hear the "I'm too busy" excuse from people who spend 5 hours a day watching TV.