Thread: Price of Bike?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-10, 04:28 PM
BP348

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the help. From what I understand the owner used to ride it quite a bit but in the last year or so has tapered off due to the birth of a child.

When I decided to try cycling I told my self I would spend somewhere between $500 - $700 for a bike. I'm supposed to met him on Monday so I guess i'll offer $650 - or $700 and see if he takes it. I'm also planning on going to the local bike shop Monday morning so I'll see what they have to offer in that price range as well. I should add that there is a lot of stuff/equipment that I'm guessing he has replaced and is giving the originals away with the bike. Pretty much everything under the trainer is not on the bike anymore. Not listed but part of the deal is a helmet and a car rack.

BTW I'm in the South Texas area, Near Corpus Christi so maybe the San Antonio or Austin craigs list will have a better deal. Id check ebay but I honestly have no idea what to look for.

Not sure if its permissible to post a link but if anyone is that interested the bike is listed in the Corpus Christi craigs list. I believe under October 6th.

Last edited by BP348; 10-22-10 at 04:33 PM.