View Single Post
Old 10-23-10, 12:48 AM
Newspaperguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by oban_kobi
The one thing that I worry about is the whole girl-friend thing. I don't have one, but I can't see many women being very impressed when you roll up to their door on a bicycle. I see very few my age(early twenties) who ride. Regardless of that, I still choose to forgo owning a car. Nothings come up yet that I would need a car for. Riding keeps legs and cardio in amazing shape, saves money, and is incredibly enjoyable.
The last woman I dated was car-free and I'm car-light. For dates around town, we preferred walking. For out-of-town dates, we took my car. But we both enjoyed walking. I'd either walk to her place or show up on my bike and lock it up there. She was cool with that. The relationship ended after a few months, but not because of car-light or car-free complications.

Much more recently, I met someone and there seems to be a mutual spark. I told her I'm the slightly crazy guy who likes to go everywhere in town by bike. She didn't mind. I'd rather have her understand my lifestyle, values and beliefs from the start and accept me or reject me right away. Trying to make the impression now and later discover we don't see eye to eye on key values would be a waste of time for both of us.