View Single Post
Old 09-16-02, 03:23 AM
cyclingshane73
Compulsive Upgrader

Bikes: 2002 Kona Deluxe (road), 2001 Cove Stiffee (mtb)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Practically Never. How about not in a million years. I've tried, believe me. She is afraid she is going to fall over and hurt her self, doesn't trust the handbrakes, and afraid of gears. My wife is afraid of bicycles. I blame her parents. She never owned a bicycle as a kid and her parents always told her she would fall down and hit her head. Ignorant GRRRRR.

She is not very supportive sometimes either. I figure I could be doing worse things with my time. Going to bars, smoking, drinking heavily, become an armchair quarter back and lounge on the couch all day and gain 50 lbs.

I even did the math for her one day. cigarettes are expensive in Canada. 7 bucks now I think. 7 x 7 days is $49 x 52 weeks is $2548 not including taxes. And that's just for the cigs. Now lets add say the beer. 2 24's a month for a price of $35 (yeah were getting hosed in Onterrible) x 26 (remember roughly every two weeks) at a yearly cost of $1820. For a grand total of....drum roll please....

$4368.00 before taxes.

This doesn't include those nights out, and the cost of satellite t.v. (ya know, gotta have all those t.v. channels since I'll be living on the couch), nacho's, cheese, salsa and other assorted chips and junk food on top of that. Ya know for all the big games.

I think this past year I didn't even come anywhere near a quarter that cost!

This kept her quite for a while.

I now have a daughter. I don't intend to or no wait a minute! I intend to let the "cycle" continue! No pun intended of course. I can't wait in a couple of years I can start to teach her how to ride a bike.

Sorry man, I feel like I just hijacked this thread. /rant
"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs. We should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power." -P.J. O'Rourke