Old 09-16-02, 03:53 AM
cyclingshane73
Compulsive Upgrader

Bikes: 2002 Kona Deluxe (road), 2001 Cove Stiffee (mtb)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I always seems to catch my handlebars on trees in tight singletrack. Usually when I'm going pretty fast too. Its kinda surreal, like almost any crash, one minute your motoring along and the next minute hey I'm flying... no wait a minute SMACK! Hello dirt!

I think we all have those first time using clipless pedels stories. Mine was on a Sunday afternoon, all the nieghbours sitting on their front porch audience and I'm learning how to use my new Shimano pedals. So after several successful uncliping and stopping runs i try to panic stop and stay clipped in and then ride away. I lost my balance. Didn't get my foot out in time and fell onto my side like a fallen tree. I think I heard a couple of ohhhs from my local audience when I went down. My pride was more bruised then any body parts that day.
"No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs. We should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power." -P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by cyclingshane73; 09-16-02 at 04:03 AM.